Why use our proprietary controlled release technology - PolyActive®?
Our main proprietary controlled release technology platform is called PolyActive. This patented degradable polymeric delivery system enables us to develop tailor made controlled release formulations, specifically for injectable protein drugs. Use our parenteral controlled release system for delivery of your protein drug product. Our proven proprietary microsphere technology significantly augment drug efficacy while reducing side effects by increasing their half-life. Since fewer injections will be needed, patient compliance is enhanced as well.
We offer our partners 15 years of PolyActive Microsphere formulation & process development experience
- Formulation development experts have many years of experience with the development of PolyActive microsphere formulation. Our experts have completed more than 50 PolyActive projects for the development of drug products for different therapeutic areas like oncology, ophthalmology, and inflammation.
- Process development experts are fully equipped to design and develop small to large scale, robust processes taking into account the GMP requirements. Our processes are immediately ready to be transferred to commercial operations (plug and play approach).
- Analytical development experts are fully equipped to design and develop the required analytical methods according to its specific needs.
OctoPlus fully implemented the Quality by Design methodology
What makes OctoPlus unique is the full implementation of the Quality by Design methodology (QbD) and Process Analytical Technology (PAT) that ensure the development of highest quality processes in the most efficient way. Advanced statistical tools are used such as:
- Design of Experiments (DoE) that enables our team to develop cost-effective, scalable and robust processes.
- Robustness by Design (RbD) that enables our teams to be able to develop robust, cost-effective analytical methods.
QbD is strongly advised by the regulatory agencies EMA, FDA and ICH
Do you want to learn more about our capabilities? Download our capability sheet!
Contact us if you are interested in partnering up with us!