Why use Nanosuspensions?
Sometimes an active pharmaceutical ingredient needs more than a simple formulation to become a successful drug. A common problem is poorly soluble drugs with a low bioavailability. Nanosuspension is an attractive and promising alternative to solve this challenge. Nanosuspension consists of the pure poorly water-soluble drug without any matrix material suspended in dispersion.
- Preparation is applicable to all drugs with poor/very poor solubility.
- Improves drug safety and efficacy
OctoPlus is focusing its expertise on the innovative long-acting injectable Nanosuspension Technology
The controlled release Injectable nanosuspension is one of OctoPlus’ new areas of expertise. OctoPlus has 20 years of experience with formulation and process development of innovative injectable drug delivery systems such as:
- Liposomes: lipid based carrier system for targeted delivery of for example poorly soluble drugs
- PolyActive microspheres: polymer based carrier system for controlled release of proteins
- PLGA/ PLA microspheres: polymer based carrier system for controlled release of small molecules
We offer our partners 20 years of formulation and analytical development experience with low soluble molecules and nanoparticles
Nanosuspension is a logical next step for OctoPlus as we can use our 20 years experience in low soluble drugs. We have worked with many different poorly soluble drugs and therefore have analytical tools and techniques ready to be used. Currently OctoPlus has several nanosuspension projects for controlled release under development. For the development of long-acting injectable nanosuspensions our formulation, process and analytical experts work closely together.
OctoPlus fully implemented the Quality by Design methodology
What makes OctoPlus unique is the full implementation of the Quality by Design methodology (QbD) and Process Analytical Technology (PAT) that ensure the development of highest quality processes in the most efficient way. Advanced statistical tools are used such as:
- Design of Experiments (DoE) that enables our team to develop cost-effective, scalable and robust processes.
- Robustness by Design (RbD) that enables our teams to be able to develop robust, cost-effective analytical methods.
QbD is strongly advised by the regulatory agencies EMA, FDA and ICH.
Contact us if you are interested in partnering up with us!